How to write good.
Owen - Never Meant
Lets just forget..
Photographer Lalage Snow takes pictures of soldiers’ faces before, during and after the war in Afghanistan.
"End of summer"
1. It’s been a while. I hope you’re doing well. I miss your Aunt, please tell her I said hello and happy holidays.
2. I went through your social media (i havent in a while, i was just bored), and saw a track listing for your EP. The song you wrote about cheating on me was listed. I never felt more like an idiot.
3. I don’t need you. I never really did, but I just thought I’d make myself clear.
4. I may not need you, and this isn’t true anymore, but I wanted you. You were all I wanted.
5. You were all I really saw. But the good thing is when you left me, I was able to see all the other wonderful things in my life. There’s a lot, in case you were wondering.
6. I wonder if you incorporate me into your ex-girlfriend jokes now. (I remember the majority of them.)
7. Does she know how much you love getting your thighs touched?
8. I’m happy I finally forgot the way you smelled when you’re fresh out the shower.
9. I can’t even remember the sound of your voice.
10. Just out of curiosity, did you ever love me?
11. I still have that letter. The one you gave to me the last time we spoke kindly to each other. I wish when I ran back to your car as you were leaving, I asked you “why” instead of telling you “I’m sorry” for the millionth time.
12. I want to be your friend again.
13. I hope you remember how it felt when we were together, and when we were happy. It’s nice to think back on.
14. So much music related things i would love to talk about. New Owen, Front Bottoms, etc. Do you listen to The Menzingers anymore? Also when Ace Enders played ‘Ever So Sweet’ at warped tour I wanted to run and hug you, and reminisce. But you were with your new girlfriend, and I feared she wouldn’t appreciate that.
15. I am over you, I really am. Just know that I loved you. I did, I swear. I guess what you can take away from this is that I’m finally okay.